Shamrock Virtual Race
Though Pinellas County will be re-opening its beaches on Monday, May 4, 2020, they will still be implementing the CDC’s social distancing rules for everyone’s safety. As our races require mass participation in relatively close quarters, we can not guarantee proper social distancing even though we are outdoors. We are deeply disappointed, but we agree with and support our county’s decision. Therefore, we are canceling the on-site Shamrock Distance Classic, but offering a virtual option.
RUN Solo, RUN Strong, RUN as ONE on Sunday, May 17 – or the week after! Get your green on, run your distance, and earn your bling. Light up Facebook with selfies, scenics, run reports and your finishing times. Though we can’t come together at Ft. De Soto Park for the Shamrock Distance Classic, we can come together in spirit as one running community.
– We will send out your shirt, bib, and medal right away. You should receive it by May 17, especially if you are local.
– Athletes who already received their bib and shirt and opt to switch to virtual will have only their finisher medals sent to them. Plus, you can avoid the inconvenience of returning, or purchasing, your race packet. Please see below.
– Completing the Shamrock Virtual Run can be applied to the 2019-20 Season Challenges or our new year-long 2020 Starfish Challenge.
– Our virtual runs are based on the honor system. Though we would LOVE to see your posts on Facebook, you are not required to report your times to us. It is up to each athlete to complete the mileage to earn the pride and bragging rights for the finisher medal.
– If you have had a change of address since you registered to run with us, please forward your current address.
– We have expanded the eligibility requirements to earn our Triple Crown and Challenge medals to include those who complete the Shamrock races virtually. The medals pictured at the bottom will be sent along with the finisher medals to those athletes who earned them.
“As one of your virtual marathoners (got my first few miles in yesterday morning here in WI), I want to tell you what an awesome, awesome job you are doing. The race information you provide is the best I’ve ever read – thorough, easy to understand and covering just about everything.
Thank you for putting this together. The work load must be enormous.
If we lived closer, I would definitely participate in some of your other races. I’m proud to be one of your virtual runners and so thankful for the wonderful charity work you do.
Again, thank you.”
Debbi Segina, a proud member of the Adams County Running/Walking Club
We’re located in the beautiful Tampa Bay area, staging races in St. Petersburg, Fort DeSoto Park, and Madeira Beach to Largo.
– Craig Hablewitz, Virtual Runner who completed the 2015 Florida Beach Halfathon in Nepal
Our 2020 Season
Downtown St. Pete
Fort De Soto Distance Classic
15K, 10K & 5K
Sunday, October 4, 2020
Fort De Soto Park